Saturday, October 27, 2007

Basic Blog Plan

My topic for blog 2 is 'What is the difference between solitude and loneliness? Describe with reference to examples from your own life, people you know, and well-known others.'

So I thought I would just outline the basic plan and structure of my blog.

1. Introduction - which will talk about being alone and how it can lead to solitude or loneliness.
2. What is Loneliness
3. What is Solitude
4. Differences between Loneliness and Solitude - using various people as examples to illustrate
5. Possible concept map displaying the main differences between loneliness and solitude
6. Positive and Negative effects of Loneliness and Solitude - again using various people as examples
7. I may also include some ways of reducing loneliness and benefiting from solitude
8. Conclusion

If anyone has any further suggestions please let me know.

1 comment:

Cirovski said...

Hi Jane,

Your plan of action looks good. You may also want to emphasis that people are 'cultural animals' (as taken from the textbook) and this is because of the need to survive (safety in numbers etc) and that it's not beneficial to exist on your own. I'm not sure but you may want to look at some risk groups (eg. the elderly, people with disabilities etc)?????

Good Luck!

Karen